Aug 25, 2014

Paper & Clay Ceramics

I happened upon the Paper & Clay studio in Memphis by chance back in June, while we were driving around aimlessly early one morning. Since I only had a half day to spare there, I frantically called and emailed Brit McDaniel (the owner), hoping to stop in and shoot her space if she would be around. Brit was super sweet and welcomed us in, and even let me shoot her in action. I really admire what she's doing and was so happy to find this little space. Turns out my friend Kira (who has styled more than a handful of my shoots for me – including some of the ones on this blog) totally knew of her work already and had ordered things from her before. Hello, small world.

Brit makes beautiful, simple and modern pieces that are inspired by Scandinavian designs, plus she makes all of her glazes from scratch. You can find a selection of her work for purchase here.











[Shot for Lincoln Motor Company]

Paper & Clay
The Art Factory
777 South Cox #8
Memphis, TN 38104

8 comments :

  1. This is one of the most beautiful crafts. Really admire everyone who works with ceramics. This place looks so inspiring and incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful, Alice. Breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures, Alice. Love those simple yet so modern designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how crisp these photos are! Super clean but sophisticated in themselves!

    - Jeffrey (jeffreychung.net)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her studio and work!
    Nice shots! You're a wonderful Instagram photographer, Alice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my gosh i love the natural tones of these

    ReplyDelete